If you want your home to reflect your personal style, why not start in the kitchen? Current trends give homeowners leeway to add personal flair to the kitchen with bursts of color, unique designs and unexpected patterns.
- Walls painted in neutral hues, and appliances and fixtures in monochromatic finishes, create a nice "blank canvas" that you can dress up with bold accessories or patterned fabrics.
- Customize your kitchen space by adding a hint of color or playing around with mixing and matching wherever you feel comfortable. Mixers, blenders, teapots and even faucets are available in a variety of colors, such as blue, red, pink or yellow. They can add an unexpected pop of color.
- Try experimenting with the 2012 Pantone color of the year: Tangerine Tango. Radiating warmth and energy, the bright hue can energize a room. Incorporate the color on a small scale with table linens or go bold and paint one of the walls to add dimension.
- You can spice things up by creating a more eclectic look. One way to do this is by mixing and matching cabinetry hardware designs. There are many different styles, sizes, colors and materials, making it easy create your own custom space.
- For more of a subtle, eclectic look, combine a variety of dinnerware pieces that hang together with one consistent thread, such as bold color or an unexpected pattern.